Perfect for birthdays, bank holidays... who are we kidding, Saskia’s chocolate and pistachio fudge is perfect every day!
- 350 grams dark chocolate (chopped, minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 1 x 397 grams can of condensed milk
- 30 grams butter
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams of pistachios (or 250 grams of plain digestive biscuits)
- Put the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt.
- Put the nuts (or digestives!) into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces.
- Add the nuts or digestives (or both!) to the melted chocolate and condensed milk and stir well to mix.
- Pour and spatch the mixture into a foil tray 23cm/9 inch square, smoothing the top.
- Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces, cutting 7 x 7 lines in the tin is the best way to achieve 64 pieces.
- Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer - no need to thaw just eat straight away!
The recipe may be a classic from Nigella, but if you’re not a fan of pistachios, try swapping them for digestive biscuits. It tastes just as amazing!